Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cheeseburger in Paradise Pancakes

"Cheeseburger in Paradise"
Pancakes
(seriously......these are entirely made of pancakes)!!!

 
OMGoodness!!!  Your kids are gonna flip over these!!!
 
 So, you want an easy way to win "Mom of the Year"?....well here it is!  The breakfast they'll talk about for weeks!  Can you imagine their little faces when they see these one Saturday morning?....well, let me tell ya, it's PRICELESS!  And the best part is it is absolutely do-able!  In this tutorial I will walk you thru it step by step.  So, are you ready to become a "Rockstar" in your very own house?  Well here we go!... 
 
Step 1 - Make batter
 
Whip up a batch of  your favorite pancake batter.
(I use Heart Healthy Bisquick but any mix will do)
 
 
Step 2 - Make hamburger buns
 
Spray two ramekins with nonstick spray and fill with pancake batter 1/4 to 1/3 of the way full.  Bake in your oven at  325 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
 
 
 
 
Step 3 - Dye batter
 
Pour remaining batter into four separate bowls.  (I like to use paper so I can just toss them when I'm done).  Dye three bowls with food coloring.
 
Bowl  #1 - RED (for tomatoes)
Bowl #2 - GREEN (for lettuce)
Bowl # 3 - Yellow (for cheese)
 
 
 
To Bowl # 4- add enough cocoa powder to make it the color
of a brown burger patty.
 
Bowl # 4 - BROWN (burger)
 

 
Step # 4 - Pour each batch of batter (excluding brown burger patty batter) into separate squirt bottles. Helpful tip-I keep my bottles in a bowl upside down so the batter is kept at the tip of the squirt bottle and ready for use. 
 
Optional-I used a fourth squirt bottle of plain white batter to add depth to my veggies as seen in the folowing tutorial pics.


Step 5 - Prepare pan
 
Spray your nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set stove top to med-low heat.
 
 
Step 6 - Make Pancakes
 
Temporarily remove pan from heat and begin to draw your pancakes (in  any order) on the skillet.  Start with the outline....
 
 
then fill in the rest and place your pan back on the burner to finish cooking over med-low heat.  Flip when ready.  
 
Step 7 - Make burger patties
 
Pour brown batter onto pan just like making "plain-old pancakes" and flip when ready.  (So easy I didn't think it needed a picture)!

 
And Finally...
 
Step 8 - Build your burgers!!!!
 
I like to bring my kiddo in on this part!  As we all know, kids LOVE to do things for themselves!!!
 
 

Oh yeah....I think she likes them!
 
This is how WE build a burger!
First top the burger with cheese... 
 don't forget the veggies!!!
 
For a bonus, I whipped up some icing and dyed it red for ketchup, yellow for mustard and left one white for mayonaise for her to garnish it like a real burger!!!
 
 It looked so real she had to taste test it to make sure it wasn't REALLY ketchup, mayo and mustard ; )
 looks like it passed the test!!
She's having a BLAST with this one!!!

   

 almost done!....
 
there!!!
 
 
and now.....IT'S BURGER TIME!!!!!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment