Thursday, August 2, 2012

Brownie Batter Protein Shake





Nothing gets me going in the morning like a protein shake and this one is my absolute FAV!!!!  The protein is just the slow-burning fuel I need to keep me energized and satisfied so I don't crash mid-morning.  Plus the delicious flavor makes me feel like I'm treating myself before I've even started my day!!  The secret is in the cocoa powder which has become a close personal friend of mine. (Every girl should know cocoa powder.)  If you haven't gotten to know it, take a moment to introduce yourself through this shake!! I promise you will become fast friends too!!  


Brownie Batter Protein Shake Recipe

1 1/2 cups ice
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use "Body Fortress-Whey")
1 Tbsp cocoa powder (only 10 calories and chockful of antioxidants!!!)
2 packets of your favorite zero calorie sweetener (I prefer "Truvia")
8 oz skim milk( you can use skim chocolate milk for a creamier shake but it will increase the sugar content)
1/2 banana

"Every athlete exercises self-control in all things.  They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we are imperishable."  -  1 Corinthians 9:25



No comments :

Post a Comment