Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fruit Pizza With Healthy Banana-Graham Crust


           I ADORE this version of Fruit Pizza!  I take pride in creating healthy, nutritious meals for myself and my family.  But sometimes I will make a swap for a healthier version and it tastes just that....healthier, but not as good.  This my friends, is NOT one of those times!  This simple twist on the old "sugar cookie crust" recipe delivers the same sweet, crunchy delight but with a healthier crust!  After all, why choose something that just tastes good when you can treat yourself to something that tastes just as wonderful and is wonderful for my body?  Its a no-brainer for me!  I'll choose delicious AND nutritious every time!

 
Banana Graham Crust:
One box of graham crackers (anywhere from 2-3 full sleeves will work fine)
One large Banana (mashed)
1 Tbsp honey
 
Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Crush graham crackers leaving some chunks to give the crust a crunchier texture; mix in mashed banana (mixture will be crumbly); place ball of crust on a lightly sprayed baking sheet or pizza stone and mold with hands into a round shaped crust; evenly spread tablespoon of honey over crust; bake for approximately 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.  Let cool completely before building pizza.
 
 
How to build your pizza with "Blonde Ambition":
Layer 1-Cream Cheese Yogurt base (1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt plus 2 Tbsp nonfat cream cheese) 
*try any flavor combination but I like strawberry cream cheese and strawberry yogurt!*
 
Layer 2-Fresh Fruit
*strawberries, mandarin oranges, peaches, pineapple, kiwi, and blueberries*
 
Layer 3-Top with a light dusting of grated white chocolate


No comments :

Post a Comment