Friday, February 21, 2014

Butterfinger Cookies

Butterfinger Cookies
 

      The name of my blog is "With Blonde Ambition".  But it's  full name, it's true name is "Pursuing Proverbs 31 With Blonde Ambition". Why?  Because I want everything I do to be grounded in the biblical principle God laid out for me as a wife, mother and daughter of my Heavenly Father.  And my heavenly father has given me a descriptive outline of what a biblical wife, mother and child of God should look like.  She is what we refer to as the "Proverbs 31 woman."  No one really knows whether she was a real person, a culmination of many different women or just an idea or inspiration to strive for.  Either way, she leaves an outsstanding impression and impeccable example for every female follower of Christ to emulate.  If you have not read Proverbs 31, I encourage you to do so here.  Don't be intimidated when you first meet her tough!  I'll warn you, she is like a hybrid of Heidi Klum and Martha Stewart!  You probably won't like her...until you get to know her.  I will be doing devotionals on some of her specific characteristics in the future so keep an eye out for those! 
     But for today's purposes, I wanted to stop and recognize the importance of the Proverbs 31 woman's reputation....for herself......for her family.....and for God.  Because, if you really break it down, the Proverbs 31 model is not a list of "to do's".....but a list of "to be's".  It is a detailed description of what this amazing lady is known for.  Which naturally makes me wonder....what do I want to be known for?  What's my reputation?  For starters, I want to be known for my devotion to my walk with God, I want to be known for my love and support for my husband, I want to be known as a mom who does all she can to mold her child into the person God created her to be.  I want to be known for kindness, honesty and class.  The list could go on and on.  But there is one more thing I want to share with you before I go.  One thing that I want to be known for that the bible left out.  I want to be known for "a cookie"!  Seriously!  I want to have a "signature cookie recipe".  One that people say "are you going to bring your ____________ cookies?" or "oh my goodness, have you tried her______cookies?.....they're to die for!"  These will be the cookies I bring to the church potluck when I'm 90 and the cookies my great-grandchildren ask for when they come for a visit. 
  So, I would like to invite you all on this journey with me as I search for my "Signature Cookie"!  I promise you it will be a most delicious adventure because it involves baking lots and lots of cookies!!!  And I am enlisting help in the process so feel free to join in on the baking trials and let me know your feed back on each scrumptious contestant.  The results should be undeniably delectable!  So, without further ado....I give you my first contender........ The Butterfinger Cookie!
 
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks margarine (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk (both room temperature)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 - 1 1/2 cups chopped butterfingers
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.)  In a medium bowl using a mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Mix in egg, yolk and vanilla.
2.)  In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt. 
3.)  Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until fully combined.  Mixture will be thick.  Fold in candy and chocolate chips, cover bowl in airtight container and chill dough in fridge for at least an hour (overnight is BEST!)

When ready to bake......
1.)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.)  Rolls dough balls that are TALLER than they are wide (like little cylinders) and place on cookie sheets
3.)  Bake until edges are just golden and center is still a little undone for extra chewiness (mine took 8 1/2 minutes) Remember, they will continue to cook on the sheet after they come out of the oven!
4.)  Let cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.

Take a look at how delicious they turned out!
 


The Results:
This is only my first attempt at a signature cookie and already I am having a hard time imagining anything that can top this one....but there's only one way to find out!!!!  These cookies were chewy and delicious, the perfect blend of a good old fashioned chocolate chip with the personality of a candy bar!  This will be a tough one to beat but I'm determined to leave no cookie creation left unturned!  Next up.....Pudding Monster Cookies!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Moonlight & Mason Jars Link Party


The 36th Avenue

No comments :

Post a Comment